PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic
Thread: Virgin Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2014, 10:57
seafire6b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Further to my previous posting, Mrs Seafire and I flew home MIA/LHR/GLA with BA last month and were happily surprised that even our WTP tickets allowed use of the BA lounges, at GLA outward and at LHR during our return. That was a "first", and I'm still fathoming how we qualified for the lounges. It was most welcome however, particularly at the T5 zoo (3.5hr transit) coming home; lounge access has never happened on our previous WTP trips.

The onboard service on all the BA flights was excellent. Just a small point, but - at the pre-dinner service out of MIA, the CC discreetly first checked his list and then said, "would you care for a drink Mrs (then Mr) Seafire?", addressing each of us by name, which then continued through the flight. That standard of service took me back a couple of decades!

Somehow I cannot see VS ever matching BA onboard standards - I think one factor may be the "maturity" of BA cabin crew, possibly stemming from perhaps differing salary structures of the two airlines. I'd also think that a much smaller proportion of VS cabin crew look upon their jobs as a long-term career - just a thought, no evidence!

Incidentally, last night, pre-planning for a trip this year, I compared BA WTP prices against VS Premium Y, and BA are also clear winners on that too.

Sorry Virgin, but you had all your chances when I was a then-loyal customer six years ago, but time after time you just blew it! Lose a customer once and they're gone forever.

I would add that I've no connection with BA nor VS, and voice my opinion purely as a customer.