PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic
Thread: Virgin Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2014, 09:32
rog747

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts
vs future

quote:
I'm sure a lot more can be added to this list. Question is how do they go about turning around, what was once an excellent airline? Can that be done with the current management?

me:
well as i said the new Yank at the Top seems to be welding his way through departments and although not as much of a hacket job as yet on the chaff as Willie Walsh did on his arrival at BA things have started to be 'noticed' and we will have to wait and see if his progress reaps rewards.

the full Delta tie-up starts up right now and imho i think Delta may take over more eventually and the longevity of the Virgin brand? who knows?
as for SRB seems he prefers to run around in his pants now on Necker dealing with his other interests and spaceships.

None of the Branson siblings seem to want to get hands on with the airline which was always SRB's main baby.

Loyal pax are unhappy about the J and the Y seats, the poor grub on board, a lot of sadly negative comments about the cabin and ground staff - that comes from the Top and staff moral can be fixed quickly even in hard times with the right motivation.

the little red venture - 'one year on' figures will be interesting

Pax love the Clubhouses & limo (limo - Full J fares) exclusive kerb check-in and VS own fast-track security at LHR - all innovations VS have done well with over the years.

the W product should be better with legroom much more than 38'' - the seat is OK though just not enough space when fully reclined in front of you - a recent enhanced meal still could be better - the W fares are often not cheap nor good value for this premium Y long haul product.

the Y product - its not enough to say you have fabulous Panasonic IFE
(only available on less than half the current fleet) when you snap at them and starve them over 12 hours and make them sit on seats where the comfort factor makes a park bench look attractive.
for the first time pax are comparing VAA (a 4 star airline) with Ryanair - if i was at the Top i would be mortified if i heard and read this...

as i said above do VS managers actually fly on anyone else to have a look see? Whatever VS do next will cost money but they may be well spent if they start getting it right again and get out in front once more.

it would be sad to see VS go the same way as the wonderful Wardair, Laker,
Lauda Air and a few more inventive carriers who had similar brand loyalty.