PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Putting Waypoints/Flight Plan Into the Garmin G1000
Old 5th Jan 2014, 08:17
sriganesh3275

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FPL CREATOR FOR GARMIN GPS500W

Hi all
After going through the posts, I have come up with a small solution for the eternal *.fpl problem.
This is a excel sheet.
Feed in the waypoint and route data and click to generate a *.xml.
Open this generated *.xml file on a notepad
Use save as option to rename it with a extension ."fpl" (case sensitive), select file types as all files and encoding as UTF-8.
and there is your fpl file you so badly wanted.
I assume every one knows what is to be done after this.

I had created a route with user waypoints, airports and VORs and it worked perfeclty fine(cos that was my requirement"). This is primarily for gps500w, but I guess will work for other Garmins too. I would be glad to help if anyone is getting stuck. Before you start you may want to note the co-ordinates(in DD.DDDDDD format) of the Jeppsen waypoints and the airfield elevation in feet from the GPS and keep it with you. Leave the comments to null every where. country code is not to be entered for user waypoints. As a rule use CAPS and Numbers without spaces (or any special charecters). Ok i have tried to make the excel sheet more self explanatory so if any one wants any help feel free to mail me.

*******JUST THE USUAL DISCLAIMER*************
Naturally I cant certify it for any kind of accuracy or inaccuracy..... But I can tell you tthat it worked for me
Before you write a flight plan to a memory card just be sure its spare able and has no data on it, Else you will end up formatting your Aviation database or terrain card just like me!!!!!!!!
The excel file is attached below, I had to take of the extension as it was not uploading. First thing download the file , open with excel and enable macros.
The excel file is locked with a password of either 12345 or 123... If you know what you are doing feel free to unlock it and work on it.
Enjoy, Feedbacks and solutions welcome.....

Here is the download link Download FPL GENERATION TOOL GPS500W.xlsm