PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - airlines who ask pilots to pay to fly !
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2014, 07:08
Journey Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
limited choices?

Originally Posted by Sprinkles
Here were the other two choices:
Tell em to stick it and wait for another airline to come along and pay for everything. I wanted to believe me! Unfortunately I left my crystal ball with the locals in Matamata!
Go work at Tescos and live off minimum wage.
Disingenuous. If those were the only two other options you envisaged, I think that speaks volumes.

You don't accept that people who have paid to work have any culpability with respect to the almost total reshaping of the airline hiring market, which I cannot agree with. As I said, they must shoulder a portion of the blame for their part in this.

Yes, 'relegate' could imply having been moved down and as you point out, those pilots accruing relevant commercial experience have not had the opportunity to fly jets due to the floods of pilots paying to work. Try 'consigned' instead; see if the overall message of the paragraph magically becomes clear. I absolutely agree; it's better to focus on a word than the overall message.

Lifeafteraviation,

I agree. There's nothing wrong with flying Barons, Chieftains, King Airs. From personal experience, it doesn't pay enough to make a career out of and therefore isn't sustainable long term. At some point, you need to access the higher salaries commensurate with larger aircraft.