PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NORWICH
Thread: NORWICH
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2014, 20:22
Cusco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I 've done NWI - MAN return with fly be once or twice a month for the last three years for work and think its a great route: the flights are 80-100% full.
They dropped down from the Dash 8 to the Suckling Dornier 328 about 18 months ago It's a great little a/c and I've landed in 30kts gusting40 right across the chute in a mean wing down landing.

Almost on first name terms with hosties(hi Emma) hope she won't be one of the 500 redundancies.

Norwich is struggling however but they are trying: Vodafone reception is now better and free wifi in departure lounge. The food is rubbish however very little uptake so by late pm when I fly the hot stuff has been cremated.

I live in Suffolk and fly be beats rail travel or driving hands down with less than half the travel time.

Norwich have sadly priced themselves out go the GA market and the imposition of class D on slender grounds was the last straw for many.

Re departures board: not all CAT is registered for example BMI flew the Fulham footie team in yesterday for today's Norwich game and no one (not even info desk) knew about it.

I fly a light aeroplane in E Anglia and I
no longer go near Norwich, preferring Cambridge which is cheaper for practice instrument stuff.