PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qlink Cobham 717s payload limited
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2014, 09:16
4dogs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool CBR gradients

Ahh, Bloggs,

Leave you alone for a few years and you forget everything... please throw the shovel out of the hole!

josephfeatherweight,

Yes, the OEI SDP gradient off 35 is around 3.2% - Type A is considered, along with other data, and there are procedural fudge factors for tree growth, survey errors, etc. That gradient is what underpins the RTOW calculations.

How's it Hanging,

Careful of the great myth that the gradient off 17 is so much lower than 35 - it is only 0.2% less, depending on how you plan to get out of the Tuggeranong Valley - and the tailwind may certainly erode that slight advantage when considering achievable OEI gradients...

BPA,

In the four types of HC jets I've operated out of CBR never had a problem using 35 in summer and operating DCT to BN, CG and AD.
I never had a problem either. In a couple of memorable cases, that was only because nothing failed and so otherwise erroneous planning was never put to the test.

Did you mean that you flew four types of high capacity jets that had no performance restrictions below MTOW up to 42.2 deg off 35?

If so, I would appreciate you identifying the types and the departure path so that I can improve my knowledge of OEI performance of jet aircraft in Australia. Please?

And generally,

The aeroplane doesn't know if it is in VMC or in IMC. It can't climb any better just because you can see what is coming. Try a quick right turn off 35 OEI and see just how high Majura Range really is - particularly after discovering what a turn does to your climb!!!

Stay Alive,