PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2014, 20:26
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enfidha

There will also be a Nouvelair flight (A320) to NBE on Wednesdays, apparently being used by Thomson but I don't know whether exclusively so.

Looking at the Thomson and Thomas Cook websites they will continue to operate this summer as in summer 2013 with TOM on Sundays (although this year I believe it will be a 'W' flight) and TCX 3 x weekly (Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays) in peak season.

With Nouvelair and Syphax this will give six weekly rotations in peak summer with TCX also upgraded from A320 to A321.

Robert Sinclair, BRS CEO, has given an upbeat message for the New Year saying the airport expects 2014 to be the busiest year in the airport's history.

2008 holds that record with 6.229 mppa. 2013 is in second place with a final total expected to be above 6.1 mppa - the 12-month rolling total at the end of November was 6.113 million.

2013 will have seen nearly 200,000 additional passengers so to overhaul 2008 will not actually require such a large number. The last two years will have seen annual passenger numbers increase by around 350,000.

If the forecast is correct the additional room in the departures area brought about by the central pier with its four new pre-boarding zones serving up to six departure gates currently under construction will be sorely needed.

The CEO also looks forward to improved access to the airport with the South Bristol Link and Metrobus routes. Press reports suggest the projects will see construction begin in May this year. Plans have been approved and funding is in place.

I don't think that road access will be dramatically improved but some of the worst pinch points will be removed around the south western edge of the city.