PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B737 Pilot selection (Updated)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2014, 19:56
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Permanent Contract"

"Wholly owned Subsidiary"

"Employed"

I believe the NPU are still failing in their remit to oblige Norwegian to accurately define exactly what any of these terms means, for concerned "employees".

For me, I think it is simple. A company (not an agency "sponsored" by NAS/NAN/NAI/whatever ) which is owned by, & also managed by, employees (real ones) of what used to be known as Norwegian Air Shuttle / A contract with no end date & the usual notice periods associated with a "permanent" contract & obligations on the part of the employer associated with a "permanent" contract I.E they pay the social contributions etc, in your country of base NORMALLY paid by the employer ( sometimes a not inconsiderable sum, and one AFAIK that is still being "avoided" ( please correct me if I am wrong) = "Permanently employed by Norwegian", anything else is just a rehash of the stuff Ryanair guys are running away from (ironically perhaps, in increasing numbers to NAS )

This would be a good start, and probably what ARPI will eventually offer, when they become the "chosen child" masquerading as a "wholly owned subsidiary".

If you were tempted to compare the ARPI/NAS relationship with Brookfield/Ryanair, (similarities may be found ? ) you may then feel it is prudent to ask , what exactly constitutes "employment", never mind "permanent employment" . If you examine the real roots/country of origin etc of ARPI it could possibly be eye opening.

This whole scenario is still yet far from 100% transparent (sorry to say )