PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Habsheim
Thread: Habsheim
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2014, 23:26
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris Scott
Dozy,
Re possible effect of L/G on alpha-max: again, I think the BEA would have done their homework.
I'd expect so too - however at the same time I must take into account that there was in all likelihood no single person more knowledgeable about the A320 systems specifics at the time than Gordon Corps - and from what I've heard about the man I doubt very much that he'd have allowed that demonstration video to be released with a verbal mistake on his part.

To be somewhat brutal, the only person I've known to make a big deal about the 17.5 degree figure is CONF iture on these forums. The BEA alluded obliquely to the figure but did not question the systems' behavioural integrity, however at the same time neither the SNPL nor Capt. Asseline's legal team (who had access to the report and those figures) questioned it during the court case. If this apparent 2.5 degree discrepancy was the 'smoking gun' CONF claims it is then why was it not brought up at the time?

The way I see it there are two main possible conclusions - either Capt. Corps was mistaken when narrating the video, or the BEA included the 17.5 degree figure in their report as background information only, not intended for comparison with the aircraft's actual AoA during the sequence.