PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 2nd Jan 2014, 23:08
toptobottom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool, an expert....I've pasted the post for everyone's entertainment, just incase it gets deleted later.
Amazing isn't it? He's like Ricky Gervais on a management bonding course, thrashing around (and around and around and around and around), flicking peanuts at any moving target whilst ironically spouting off ill-conceived tripe.

The facts:
There were no mechanical defects found in any part of the drive train during the initial investigation.
The engine showed no signs of failure.
The pilot was not incapacitated.
Bond grounded the sister machine immediately the AAIB started investigating an issue with misreading gauges.
The fuel was low, at best (the AAIB will have drained all fuel from the wreck before transporting it to Farnborough).

Fuel exhaustion means you've got empty tanks.
Fuel starvation means the engines are deprived of sufficient usable fuel enabling them to function (maybe due to fuel exhaustion).

I think the AAIB will release its report soon, describing a fuel starvation problem; I think the gauges were showing more fuel than was available. Despite that and given that there would (should) have been a short period between engine #2 and #1 flaming out, the questions remain: what were the red FUEL LOW warning lights doing and what did the pilot do (or not do) about it because whatever happened, it all happened rather quickly.

It seems all possibilities have now been considered on this forum, so further speculation is probably futile; let's wait and see what the report says...