PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 2nd Jan 2014, 21:42
Lemain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That would have been found in the tech log, usually filled in by the duty pilot immediately after the last refuel. I don't know how the Scottish ac tech log is printed, but NPAS tech logs have boxes for, landing qty, litres in, kgs in & post refuel/next start qty.
People do make mistakes. There is so much sloppy English in society today spilling over into safety-critical activities. I can't see how anyone can say for absolute certain that there was, e.g., 400l or 400g fuel in the tanks unless they drained and re-filled with a known tested pump gauge. The best you can say is 'the fellow before told me there was....' etc.

Nothing to do with sarky arrogance, just the post you made, I think, was quite funny
In what sense 'funny'? If you're referring to the perceived difficulty in craning the hull off, I have done much the same, as crane operator, taking out of the water and putting back a 20 tonne sailing yacht. There is no problem in providing any required angle for levelling and you should be able to manage +/- a couple of degrees on a tiddly little helicopter weighing 3 tonnes. So what's so funny?