PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Coolest Place You've Ever Pinned Your Wings?
Old 2nd Jan 2014, 19:48
BEagle

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
BEagle, was that '93 or '94? Memorable party, I remember the invitation said "Major General Klop (can't remember his actual name), Chief of the Czech Air Force invites you to a hangar party to celebrate Air Fest 93 (or 4). Festivities to include: free food, free drink, raffle and striptease." I bet that doesn't happen any more.
17 July 1993. I've lost the old invite, but your memory is correct - 'The Commander in Chief of the Czech Air Force and air defences invites you to a hangar party - free food, drink, folk dancing...and the aforementioned striptease.' There was also a beauty contest and my favourite was the winner.

We all changed £15 into Czech crowns when we arrived and most of us had about £5 left after the weekend.

Enjoying a drink with the old boys of the ex-WW2 Czech RAF squadrons was a real highlight though - they had such tales to tell. Then we discovered that the nice young chap who fetched the drinks was actually the C-in-C!