PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Tattoos
Thread: BA and Tattoos
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2014, 11:14
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Then we had a co pilot whose face had been badly burned in ww2... Now that was allowed.
I should bloody well hope so too! A man who was disfigured in the line of duty to his country, is an entirely different proposition to some "look at me" self-mutilation.
I dissuaded my daughter from the worst excesses of this "art" form....she went ahead in her young teens and had her ears pierced (haven't seen her wear earrings in 10 years!!! ) likewise, ISTR a very small, unobtrusive tattoo and maybe a navel piercing......she grew up and realised that rebellious non -conformity was not conducive to progress within the "conforming" world.....and they were the movers, shakers and money-people,.....not the "rebels"

Yes, I was a long-haired ,bearded hippy scruff in the 60's....but trimmed and tidied when it was pointed out that my image was a reflection of my employer's standards....went on to suit/tie/expense-account /company car/phone paid......

reckon it was a good exchange.

As to the OP's daughter....she should have countered with ...."not that you have seen, so if I have one, it can't be very noticeable, can it? "

I concur with others,- there are plenty of candidates for the job, as an employer, I choose the one who ticks the most boxes...and yes...."tramp-stamp" is not appropriate to BA image.