PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2014, 07:57
propilot9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand many do tend to go into the partnered airlines with the aim of building up hours and if they so elect to, transition onto other airlines in the open market. Reality sets in, lots of hours satisfied and a few decide they want to move into a "giant" airline.

What I mainly want to know is, have they're ever been Wings cadets, that right after finishing up their ab-initio fATPL, have satisfactorily secured an offer of employment with an airline that's not part of the CTC airline partners?

I've read in this forum some have had to wait months until finally entering either easyJet or another partner airline when in the "holding pool". I am hoping to get a good picture of the overall situation once you've finished the course. Perhaps rather than having to wait for so long there are a few opportunities with other airlines that may be interesting too.

It's really the "hurdle" you're saying which I want to have more awareness of. I have a good idea how competitive and dark it is once you're done. And I've read stories of people making tremendous efforts into securing their first job. But through CTC, would you perhaps say this "hurdle" is somewhat less of a jump than going to other ATOs?

Cheers!