PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qlink Cobham 717s payload limited
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2014, 21:09
Troo believer

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
There is no way Ansett flew DC9s from CBR to BNE. It didn't have the range nor performance. Imagine trying to get a 9 to BNE at 8 pm with 60 holding plus traffic? The thing flew to Sydney or Melbourne from CBR and I believe it still holds the record for Cbr Syd block time 22 minutes. Comparing the two variants is like comparing a 737-100 to a 737-800. So How much does a 717 pilot earn? Nefarious! How about the other titbit of info that Cobham pay only a nominal amount to use the Qlink hangar in CBR. I was told $36/ month. Qantas folk have had enough and are far more willing to speak out for what's right fair and moral. The constant twisting and manipulation by Qantas Execs has gone on for too long and it's time to expose the charade for what it is. I don't care if Cobham flies 717 s for Qlink but FFS put Cobham on the side of the aeroplane and tell the public. They have a right to know. The only reason Jetconnect gets away with it is because its NZ based otherwise it would be called Qlink International. Now there's a good idea?
For the record 737 ng pavement limit for Tamworth is 65.0 tonnes. Go figure