PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2014, 17:53
Danny42C

For the sake of Auld Lang Syne.

Taphappy,

And yours reek e'en langer ! (there must be an exact Scottish equivalent, but as an ethnic Irishman [one of the Scots who could swim]), that's the best I can do...D. ('ware incoming !)

Geriaviator,

Yes, it was Gimli. Didn't the 767 end up on its nose (à la 491), but they and the pax were all right ? And weren't the glider people (but fortunately no gliders) on the runway, and had to abandon their picnics and make a run for it !....D.

Smudgsmith,

I refer to your #4000 p.200:

"Well done Danny, I expect you will be posting 5000 too. I certainly hope to be reading your 5000. Keep going, only a thousand to go".

How time flies ! But a bit of mental arithmetic: we reached 4000 Posts in 4 years: we've knocked off the last 1,000 in six months. Now this acceleration is entirely due to the policy of our Moderators, who've let us wander off in all directions for as long as we like, only providing we wander back. So let's hear it for them, chaps: "For they're all Jolly Good Fe-ellows...and so say all of us !"

"Gratitude", said La Rochfoucald, "is the lively expectation of favours to come" (perish the thought)....D.

It's been said before - but: "Happy New Year", folks,

Danny.