PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2014, 06:17
longer ron

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
As you said, the negative side of the argument has been well catered for here in these pages, although perhaps not as much as it used to be... could that be because there is more positive news coming out of the program these days.
Or maybe people realise that it is going to happen 'warts and all' no matter what !
I think also many people have forgotten that the OP was about the F35B in particular !
I have not changed my views on the F35B at all - I still think it is a very bad design,and also we will end up with a 'wastospace' carrier that is big enough for 'real' aircraft but is going to be limited by the vstol/ski jump cul de sac - a missed chance !
I did laugh when wastospace put in the horrendous price for converting them to be 'real' carriers and also was bemused by the fact that people still believed that the ski jump carrier would be completed at the original price
Once again wastospace win and our forces end up with a bad 'Rolls Royce' solution that we cannot afford anyway - I say good luck to the poor technicians who will have to service them - but at least they will not have to do any heavy maintenance on them because wastospace will have that sewn up as well

Last edited by longer ron; 1st Jan 2014 at 17:55. Reason: adding 'will'