PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2014, 02:41
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Irrespective of the incident there is no excuse for abuse of frontline staff.................in many cases they left knowing even less than passengers.
Exactly! And it's actually ridiculous that this is the case in most events. You would think in today's world where information flows so fast, that staff would not be the current scapegoats until background operational staff come up with new information, in any event it should be directly relayed to the consumer with no delay this in my opinion would actually most probably see the number of refunds reduced as consumers would be directly aware of the latest information, I actually applaud the use by easyJet operations staff via their Flight Tracker of up to date information. It's not something seen quite sector wide yet.

As racedo said, there is NEVER an excuse to abuse frontline staff. The efforts made by the airlines to get people home, especially those in EI ops who I talked to over the Christmas period, were phenomenal. Even in the event you are being treated poorly by frontline staff at any airline, it is likely due to the company rules and regulations that staff member has to follow. Don't play the man (or woman), play the ball
Wholeheartedly agree, it's so rare that frontline staff would abuse passengers however as in any job it can happen there is always the 1% who give a bad reputation to the 99%. Your last two sentences, they really say it all its company regulations these days that fully dictate the outcome of operational events, unfortunately I might add as well some staff sought to ignore it and find immediate resolutions only to be confronted with non-appearing!! (on those nights) frontline duty managers with repercussions. You might hear more of that in the following weeks.

Regardless, Happy New Year to all of you, may 2014 be a great year for all!