PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-787 CAT 111 B
Thread: B-787 CAT 111 B
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2014, 01:50
woodja51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CATIIIB

Yes , hard to understand what all the fuss is about with paperwork approvals etc... It should just be out of the box... Aircraft certified.. Check... Crew trained ... Check.. Engage land three/ cat III dual , no DH and let the automatics land...

In fact if one did a risk analysis of accidents allowing an out of box autoland versus the incident rate of manual approaches that result in screw ups, overruns or land shorts, the reality might be that fully auto land is actually safer straight from the manufacturer!!!

But then the FAA/ DGCA and other outfits would not be able to justify their raison d'etre now would they?

Too much paperwork delaying safety improvements with no valid reason to my way of thinking ( and yes I was once a land three / cat III dual/ no DH pilot) but in current outfit flying an identical aircraft ( 330) I can only do CAT 1 due to regulators paperwork issues ... Certainly an ops spec approval wont make a schmick of difference to the actual operation....it just rubber stamps it for lawyers... In the meantime flights divert/ delay or tempt fate as they obviously do in AI...