PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2013, 23:13
Bye Bye Baby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Know them ALL and they certainly have the ear of the recruitment department. There is a monthly meeting between said celebrities and the recruitment department, where applicants are discussed over a couple of cases of bubbly, it is not widely known about and kept very clandestine but it definitely happens.
Each has their own disposable phone which is handed out at the end of the preceding months meeting. It is used once and only once, on the 17th of every month a message is sent to each phone giving the address of the meeting with only 2 hours notice. The phone has then to be disposed of by complete destruction. Any member of this committee who fails to attend more than 10 meeting in a year or who misses 2 consecutive meetings is thrown out of the committee and is forbidden from flying on CX aircraft for a period of 2 years. Make no mistake this is very serious business.
In light of this FACT I would suggest you use all of your celebrity friends to aid in your application. If you don't know any then I suggest you approach one at the next gala or film launch and use the code words "I NEED TO SPEAK WITH THE COMMITTEE" they know what it means, will take a photo of you with their phone and using facial recognition software track you down. Next you will be invited to a meeting with the said celeb, take this seriously as it is your ONLY interview, you will be asked a couple of aviation related questions.
If this goes well you can expect a call from the recruitment department within the next 37 hours. Remember, and this is important, when asked if you would like to attend an interview answer only with these words "THE COMMITTEE HAS SPOKEN" and hang up you will then receive an email within the next 7 minutes confirming you have passed all the application procedures and advising you of a start date.
Good luck and remember THE COMMITTEE HAS SPOKEN nothing else.