PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight school in San Diego or San Fransisco - FAA MEP-IR
Old 31st Dec 2013, 03:23
kmjame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are welcome! I am waiting to hear back about a few options here, if they fall through then its off I go end of March or however long it takes for the M1 visa/TSA process and to find suitable flatting accommodations.

As for the other schools, I was only able to visit Coast Aviation after a fair amount of hours hunting through all those websites and aircraft fleets I came to the conclusion; If I am going to finish training (currently PPL) to CPL/ME-IR through a US based FTO then I may as well find a place with a great fleet, and a course that will allow me to explore the country a little more than just heading to and from the "Training area". Which Coast Aviation has a unique training syllabus which excited me from the beginning.

I have been in correspondence with another school in LA Accelerated Flight Training Center: IFR Instrument Flight Training & Pilot Training which I liked the look of also but wasn't able to check the place out.
For my training and an easy conversion back to NZCAA I need a Part 141 course, which takes away a few options that you may be able to explore. Exciting times though huh!!