PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737NG F/D's on Initial Climb Out.
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2013, 21:50
latetonite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok Denti,

I see you try to negotiate a lot.

In an answer to point one. My post above did not say something else. I presume we are not discussing rotation here.
I do read the FCTM quite a lot. In fact I am teaching from it 5 days a week.
Even the misconceptions I point out.

Second quote: If I read your comment well, your are suggesting the FD will follow the pitch you are flying? You do not believe that yourself, Do you?

Point three: your company does encourages TO without FD? And you practise that to prove you can rotate better, counting three degrees per second? I hope you are aware that your fellow new copilots will probably crash doing this in LoVis TO, given the remote condition that an engine fails.

I trust you make a note in your speech to the passengers, that they are lucky today in this bad weather that they have a good pilot who does not put trust in his instruments, and is honing his hand skills a bit.

In the last referral, catIII landings, you monitor failures of the 'system', you said.

But you trust letting the FDs command the autopilot, and land your flying machine, even on one engine. We have those planes too, but me maybe being not so talentfull as you, I do not see if the FD shows correct pitch. However, as we have two FDs , with two FCC behind them, I trust them. And let them bring me safe to the ground.

Not believing the FD during TO, but betting your life on them during autoland in LoVis, is a bit hypocrite, I think.