PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - stall warning and when to panic
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2013, 20:10
Dave Wilson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And where in your vast experience as a pilot have you developedthe ability to jump in and take control or have learned the necessary skills to make the decision that you are in danger?

Those of us who have been teaching and examining for thousands of hours still have to make margin calls on that one.

Your action of an elbow in the chops while illegally taking command of an aircraft are likely to get you and the commander killed......
Crikey, puff your chest back in! Just a jocular response to your 'rip your arm off' comment, I would be quite happy to die with you Bose.

By the way, just got back from Sainsburys and they have half price Heidsiek champagne on offer if anyone is looking to uncork one the morrow. Just opened a bottle and it's quite quaffable.

I once stalled a K13 glider at 80knots with about 80deg bank, it took a lot of pull!I've also final turned a C152 at 60deg at 60knots (descending). So all this crap about bank angles wouldn't apply unless you are trying to keep it level without added throttle/speed. Shirley?
No, all of this crap about bank angles doesn't apply unless you are in a level turn. Or not loading the wings. Or the various other permutations we've been discussing.

Unauthorised take-over is a breach of Article 142.
So if you were flying with me ( I think you are far more experienced than me if I remember some of your previous posts) and I was P1, the aircraft commander and you were just along for the ride, no matter what I did you wouldn't take over? Even if you called 'Airspeed' if I was low and slow or some other life threatening situation?