PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737NG F/D's on Initial Climb Out.
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2013, 19:58
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ denti: if you use derate, plus max assumed, you FD's will still give you a correct pitch control. Ofcourse not at rotation, but in initial climb. Thanks, I have a FCTM.
Then i humbly suggest to read it, your post above said something else:

You will get an original pitch up indication of 15 degrees NU.

This should result in a V2 plus 20 speed.
That is of course not always correct, actually quite often. 15° does usually not result in V2 plus 20. However, after initial pitch up to a achieve said speed the flight director will shortly follow and indicate the same. If one uses it at all.

You probably switch them off during TO, no?
Sometimes i do, sometimes i don't. As the company actively encourages us to fly without FD and autopilot to keep ones scan and skills it is up to us what we use.

And, while during an CatIII landing, make sure you look through them, just to be sure?
Monitoring if the autoflight system does its job? Of course, that is what i am paid for after all. Theoretically from 200ft until taxi speed we can go to sleep though as any failure (including engine failures) will result in a safe landing and rollout, but of course we still monitor the system as dual failures still can lead to unsafe conditions.