PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mayday Call; Correct Phraseology
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2013, 19:42
despegue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, feeding the ,luckily banned, troll here, but I do want to get some things straight here for those on this forum willing to listen to flightcrew who actually fly a commercial jet...

It is PURELY the decision of the crew wether or not to declare a pan pan or Mayday. You are NEVER wrong in declaring an emergency if you deem that the aircraft is in imminent danger. In all the companies i have worked, an engine failure, especially a severe damage is very much an emergency.
Departures131 has absolutely no idea about the consequences of a severe damage, and yes, an engine failure due to bird ingestion is not just a seizure.

Departures131, Birds tend to GO UP actually when facing a collision hazard. There have been several accidents as a result of go arounds combined with an upwards movement of the flock of birds they wanted to avoid. Examples are the belgian air force C130 and FR in ciampino.In reality, they go wherever they please. They can, we as pilots can NOT. So you would violently raise the nose did you ever hear about the word active STALL? Get back into your cellar and play your flightsim game please. You are a danger to anyone taking your words serious.