PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mayday Call; Correct Phraseology
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2013, 11:34
pilotmike

Received 76 Likes on 23 Posts
@departures131:
...I don't understand why the FO (I presume) kept reiterating that they will need a visual inspection of the breaks, it should just be a normal landing....

No inspections of breakes necessary, no different (in terms of hot breaks) to that of normal landing being carried out.

Only time a visual inspection of the breaks is necessary is if you carry out an RTO... but in this case its a normal landing, if not slightly over weight.
You really don't have a clue, departures, do you? Being ignorant is fine - just be careful not to criticise professionals who are doing a really good job, when you know absolutely nothing about what you're talking about.

What about OEI landing flap setting?
What about considerably higher Vref?
What about lack of reverse thrust?
What about landing overweight, which you conveniently dismissed as totally irrelevant?

Also for me that was a bit too much talking in the video
No. The only one doing too much talking is YOU!

I can only assume they were under pressure and perhaps were not thinking 100%
Your assumptions are just that. And entirely incorrect. You are the only one not thinking 100%.

That you claim to be CPL / IR qualified is seriously worrying. You have so much to learn, particularly not to criticise professional pilots who clearly know FAR MORE than you. Learning to shut it until you know what the hell you're talking about would be a really good start.

More worrying, you claim to want to pay to fly 500 hours just for a 'life experience'. We have every right to be very scared.

Why not give us all a break (or 'brake' as you would probably call it) from your spouting of wisdom from the back seat?