PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2013, 06:32
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now back to Qantas managements winning strategies, can you explain, despite their reduced yield, their reduced load factor and reduced passenger numbers for Qantas the head honchos continue to brag about great net promoter scores?
Perhaps its the perfect tool to tie short term investment plan bonuses too?
hotnhigh, well said, and if you have the time watch the above video containing the reporting seasons from 2011 - 2013, it's all over the place...

I think you will agree with me when you see it all together, AJ has a lot of holes in his presentations to the media, for me he appears to be making it up as he goes along using the word "pillar" to hold up his "creative accounting" in my view, and probably why it is predicted in 2014 big Al won't survive another year as CEO at Qantas.

Romulus, you have gone to a lot of trouble to make some very good points, you can put together a great post (many of them) defending the managers, but none of your posts explains why Jetstar can't go it alone without the mother-ship Qantas.. it has been five years now.. It's about bums on seats, Japan routes for example, JAL is cleaning up, Q holding its own but the last three years J* is losing "bum's on seats" because people don't like flying LH on the J* product particularly one stop via Cairns ex Sydney etc.... they have done it once, not again. I hear it all the time.... and I am writing to you from Northern Asia today..

The two model strategy for the Qantas group is the problem and with respect, all your "fancy number crunching examples with a lot of big management words attached" the last few posts, sounds a lot like AJ in the above video... all over the place.... and leading to nowhere, again.. and the winner is...? Not Qantas mainline and the management, why? It's simple, big Al & LC and their supporters breed negativity all the time, it's all the staff's high cost etc, etc, even though the Aussie dollar is heading back towards US$.80c the punters are jumping ship because of the confusing product offerings, all the "creative number jumbling in the world" from from management types won't change that if the current strategy is allowed to prevail. Alan fiddles while QANTAS "burns" - Airline Hub Buzz | Airline news and Information

Merging J* Int back into Qantas Int would go a long way in fixing Qantas International, hell, I'm pretty certain Q have been paying for J* Int all along otherwise it probably wouldn't survive on its own.. I'm sure Romulus will come up with some "projective figures" pointing out I too have got it all wrong..