PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2013, 19:07
airsupport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
When I retired and had no desire to fly much any longer I asked her IF she flies domestically to please use Qantas where at all possible, NOT Jetstar or Virgin.

Why, well at the time it was because Qantas were iIMHO much safer as they were the ONLY ones to have LAMEs preflighting and handling all their flights.

However now QF Management have removed this it is no wonder everyone is abadoning Qantas in droves, now all are reduced to the lowest level I guess people just go for the cheapest option and hope for the best./quote

Yes, I can see that being top of mind for a huge number of passengers.

LAMEless tarmacs are used all over the world, planes are not colliding as a result of that.
Sadly it is not in the minds of most pax as they are not aware of it, once they are aware of it most are very concerned.

Yes sadly they are used all over the World, much more sad is that Australia USED TO BE the highest standard that the rest of the World looked up to, now our standards are REDUCED to the lower standards in the rest of the World, and for a savings of less than $1 per pax per flight, VERY SAD.