PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - airlines who ask pilots to pay to fly !
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2013, 17:12
Mikehotel152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPL 7 theory examination's plus 2 flight test's
CPL 14 theory examination's plus 1 flight test
IFR 1 theory examination plus 1 flight test
ATPL 14 theory examination
MCC course 1 examination
Type rating 1 oral examination and 1 written examination & 1 check ride
Airline interview and Sim assesments
Airline induction several systems and air law examination's
OPC 1 written examination and check ride to include S/E Raw data ILS, Circle to land, etc. (stuff that needs to be carried out with precision)
LPC 1 written examination and check ride
SEP/DG/CRM/RVSM/FA need to be done as well but most all could pass these.
On top of this you need at least A Levels to be able to fully understand the logic of the subjects

I call BS to dummies flying in the RHS, it's just not possible to get through so many holes in the Swiss cheese.
Absolute nonsense. I've flown with loads of guys and girls who are of no better than average intelligence. In fact some are completely witless. Many don't have A-Levels. Some would struggle with a GCSE. In certain airlines pilots reach the lofty heights of command simply due to longevity and seniority...

Yet many of these people get the licence, pay vast amounts to get into a cockpit, and then believe they are hotshots. You should see how many First Officers fail the command upgrade these days because they haven't developed airmanship skills because they simply don't 'get it' - that's a lack of intelligence in my book.

If you want to be a professional pilot stretch your mind, work hard, but above all, do an aptitude test!