PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - About to embark...
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2013, 12:03
SunnySahota

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking About to embark...

Morning,

Been trawling through the forum for the last few days and have a few questions regarding EASA, the PPL, and the PPL ground school.

My understanding is that 100 hours of ground school is required before being signed off to go sit the exams. Of those 100 hours how many have to be in the classroom?

Which brings me onto the next question, are the current PPL books, like this Trevor Thom series, still valid as far as EASA is concerned? This particular set has a 9th volume that states it covers EASA Operational Procedures.

And thirdly, I would like to make a start on the PPL ground school over the winter period, so that when I start the actual flying a few months down the road, I'll have a decent theoretical background to supplement the practical lessons. Is that doable? Can I even sit some of the exams before working towards the 45h mark for the PPL? I understand that certain exams need to have been sat and passed, such as Air Law before going Solo, etc... but is there anything to stop me from sitting these before I start accumulating the hours?