PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAIR GO PETITION.
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2013, 08:31
emergency000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with 777leftseat on this one. Whenever some group starts up complaining about aircraft noise around airports (pretty common in SYD), we tell them to harden the f*** up or move somewhere quieter, like maybe Arnhem Land.

Face facts:
Fact 1: QF is now run by accountants as is virtually every other major company in the world. Said accountants only know how to look at columns of numbers and get into senior roles by promising the board that they'll improve that company's bottom line by "reducing costs", which is corporate speak for "get rid of the plebs at the bottom of the food chain while keeping our own jobs safe and getting fat executive bonuses".

Fact 2: QF will never again be run by an engineer or pilot or anyone who remotely knows much of anything about the airline industry. It will be run by those who studied commerce or accounting or management at university, worked their way up the corporate ladder by jabbing sharp pointy things into other people's spines and they'll readily do it again to those they feel are lesser citizens than themselves. Just look at our parliamentarians of recent times... So those who claim to be hanging on to the last remnants of QF from the "good old days" had better be prepared to get in line at Centrelink. There's no knight in shining armour coming to save QF from the AJ's and LC's of the world. Once AJ goes, he'll be replaced by another one, except maybe worse.

Fact 3: there is life after QF. I can vouch for that. Not as comfortable or easy going but hey, at least I've got a job.