PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HK ATC ---/5000B
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2013, 03:04
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If there's no published restriction on the SID charts there is no restriction, therefore it shouldn't be in the FM coding - clear it out.
As someone already mentioned above, you are giving Navtech way too much credit. Remember, it is the cheapest option, which is why our accountant managers chose it. What is the motto at CPA, "Safety first, unless it costs too much"? Navtech is not Jeppesen.

Both are based on the HK AIP. So if you have any doubts as to what the chart should really say, you need to look in the HK AIP website and you will clearly see that our Navtech charts are currently WRONG. The FMC database is correct (Jeppesen), hence why the new restriction is at TD to cross 5000 or below. Because Jeppesen have once again done their job, while Navtech hasn't.

I urge all of you to file ASRs when serious omissions like these pop up. A paper trail is the only way to make sure that the stooge that made the choice to switch to Navtech gets some of the blame when this charting experiment all goes pear-shaped. Forget the Navtech form, file an ASR. Navtech forms are not safety related, while a stack of ASRs looks really bad should an incident happen (i.e., they can't ignore ASRs, especially if they all point to one culprit and begin to stack up).

Hence why the Navtech form exists - to prevent ASRs from making the Navtech switch look like a terrible idea. Trust me, if you want to go back to a quality product, this is the only way to do it.

Remember it is your licence at stake when the next omission comes down from Navtech