PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2013, 01:40
airsupport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf
"Most times she books well ahead and seeks the lowest price but ONLY on QF, a lot of that is as I believe she is safer on QF, have had her for nearly 45 years and don't want to lose her."

An argument based on anecdotal evidence from an airline industry employee? Really?

Romulus, spot on.
Plus she's of the generation with a very strong attachment to QF from times long past.
Neither are true really.

I worked in the Industry for some 50 years, in Australia and in many other parts of the World, but never with Qantas and we have no attachment to Qantas as such, I have probably spent many more hours in the air than many Pilots here, including on the flight deck prior to 911.

When I retired and had no desire to fly much any longer I asked her IF she flies domestically to please use Qantas where at all possible, NOT Jetstar or Virgin.

Why, well at the time it was because Qantas were iIMHO much safer as they were the ONLY ones to have LAMEs preflighting and handling all their flights.

However now QF Management have removed this it is no wonder everyone is abadoning Qantas in droves, now all are reduced to the lowest level I guess people just go for the cheapest option and hope for the best.