PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2013, 00:14
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BFS route ...

The comments that suggest that the EZY SEN - BFS route has failed due the lack of an early morning train service are complete tosh in my view . The greatest demand on flights between these two cities in the morning is originating in Belfast. Therefore I contend to properly assess if a BFS SEN route is viable, a BFS based unit should have operated the route with say a 0630/0640 departure.

Personally, I sense that there is some work yet to do in convincing the travelling public that SEN is a credible alternative to the more established London airports. In the mean time easyJet is getting good uptake on leisure orientated routes by locals . The specific data will be known by easyJet ... Who are in a position to diagnose the actual position

The suggestion that AerLingus Regional are to develop some of these shorter routes needs to be given consideration , however the brand is strongly identified for flying to / from Ireland (aer Lingus) , and therefore the airport should perhaps ensure the correct brand is chosen/ attracted . As if these routes don't work if will be difficult to restart them in future .