PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Church Fenton
Thread: Church Fenton
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2013, 23:24
Toadstool

Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts
I don't normally go in for schadenfreude, but would certainly make an exception for the UTTER bolleaux of MFTS!
Interesting. Why is it you delight in what you say is the utter bolleaux of the MFTS programme? Those that are around, and have been involved in combat operations for quite a while, still want a programme that fits for the new roles, types etc that are still around and will be in the future. We recognise that in the smaller forces that we have now, we have to make do with what we have. We may not like it, but that is the reality of the here and now, rather than living in the past. As a former member of the RAF, and presumably someone who has an interest of HM forces, why do you delight in something going wrong?

I presume it is because you have some magical solution that fits in with the economic and military situation in which we find ourselves in. In that case, as a respected former member, perhaps you could come up with the ideal solution which would obviously be far better than those who have an understanding of the current capabilities and financial situation.

I apologise if this seems a little harsh, but I am starting to get slightly annoyed at those highly respected former members who seem to have no grasp whatsoever of the current economic and military predicament in which we find ourselves in. In fact, the world geo-politial situation has changed to such an extent that to have a force designed to oppose the Red Army coming across the Inner German Border is now seemed as an anachronism. Hence the first part of the cuts as Options For Change and subsequent defence reviews. Both you and I may not agree this but, instead of lamenting the current state of training, we should instead be lauding the fact that as a force we have been acquitting ourselves quite well and will be able to train for that in the future. I would like to think that we are quite adaptable and could change our policy in the future. I am of course a glass half full sort of person.

Last edited by Toadstool; 29th Dec 2013 at 00:31.