PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2013, 19:36
Nextprop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FRatSTN

I appreciate your response, and having looked back and read some of your many previous posts about easyJet and SEN vs STN, I don't wish to start another extended debate here.

To reiterate, my fundamental point here is that from the wider London area there is huge demand for easyJet services to EDI and BFS. If early morning / late night train services to SEN become availible, I see no reason why a business traveler friendly schedule to both destinations from Southend would not be successful.

Although by no means perfect, I maintain that business traveler friendly routes have the potential to be a significant part of easyJet's operations from SEN. Much like LCY, short transit times are appreciated by business travelers and travel times to Central London (and especially Stratford and Canary Wharf) are competitive. I don't regard SENs hotel, car parking or business lounge facilities as detrimental for business travelers. The lack of success of the EDI and BFS routes, primarily owing to a lack of connectivity is not in my view sufficient evidence to write SEN off as an in effect 'leisure only' airport for easyJet.

I don't feel this is an unreasonable position - and to avoid clogging what is the easyJet thread, FRastSTN please feel free to send a private message if you want to debate this further.