PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - airlines who ask pilots to pay to fly !
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2013, 19:16
departures131

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sascha410 - interesting point of view

In response to that post I would say that if I was a Captain in an airline, all I am worried about is that my co-pilot is fully qualified to fulfill his duty and has been checked to line by my airlines training department.

As to how they got to the seat is none of my business, I am paid to be the Captain of that particular airliner, and I will not get involved in the politics and put my own job at risk just to support this campaign.

Tabloids don't give 2 hoots about this, if we started putting unqualified pilots without CPL's I think there would be a story, but internships or whatever you want to call them is similar story in most industry's.

In this day and age company's want more for less, the golden era is long gone, you can either wine and moan on here about it or adjust to this ever changing industry, you control how you want to feel about life at the end of the day.

In general across all sectors the world is a very cruel and unfair place. and there are several people ready to screw you over when they get the chance.