PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where has my passion gone?
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2013, 18:50
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the end of the day an aircraft is a form of transport like a car and has to have a practical use or it becomes an expensive indulgence.

OK if your a very wealthy guy who can afford expensive indulgences take weekends at European destinations or have a business which justifies the use of your aircraft!

I went through the same. What do you do with the hours flight you can afford?
After you have been round the local area a few times showing what a top gun to all your mates you are you need new challenges!

You go into shared flights to extend your range to places further afield but then after a number of flights are cancelled due weather you again question the practical utilisation of an aircraft!

You now need an instrument qualification and an aircraft capable of flying bad weather? More cost, more effort! Ok if you can justify that or are wealthy enough to indulge yourself.
How many get twin ratings just to get the notch on the gun but then have no money to fly twins?

At that point you either have a practical use for an aircraft or fly for someone who does at their expense and in machinery that you could never afford and hopefully you are actually paid to fly them.

Now it has a practical use to you as you are actually earning some money flying nice machinery for someone else.

But yes I do understand your predicament as I am sure many of us have been there before and will be there again.

Pace