PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where has my passion gone?
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2013, 18:08
Jan Olieslagers

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
One thing is clear: to make a living out of flying, you would need to be prepared to some serious compromises. Such as going to live in Indonesia or sub-Saharan Africa, and/or live on a very modest income.

OTOH, I think every new pilot has at least one period feeling like you describe, and the weather doesn't help. Don't give up too lightly, you have invested a lot of money AND effort, don't throw that away!

Perhaps you could consider taking up an unknown aspect of (non-commercial) flying? Gliding is just one possibility, is inexpensive, and really does make you a better pilot of whatever you fly.

Also, as you seem to have recently flown your first solo, you should be aware you have had little occasion for enjoying your flights. There were so many things requiring your attention. From now on, you will get more and more relaxed with every flight (though of course you should never get TOO relax) - the time for enjoying flying is before you!

BTW what the missus (if any) thinks may have some importance, too, but I will NOT speak out on that very delicate matter!