PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time to say goodbye!!
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2013, 12:46
alphalima

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Almost all of my family and friends are not pilots, some making peanuts, some filling their bank accounts. Almost 90% of the time i spend with them is spent listening to them complain about work, colleagues, office politics, hours, commuting, pay, being taken for granted, being taken advantage of, lack of possibilities moving up the ladder, and upper management busting chops.

The way i see it, work is work, and being a pilot is not always or all about sporting aviators impressing women or busting a tower with Goose.

Its a job. Barrel only aimed at the pilots you say? As you know very well i am sure, if the aircraft is on the ground, the operator/company is not making money. So leave the IT or any other department on the ground, on the ground.

Its a job at the end of the day. Work. Same as any other type of job.

Perhaps the industry does suck more than any other, but it was only a matter of time before the folks on the ground copped on to how much pilots really love flying and being pilot. You can't blame them. They know very well that if you're going to be unhappy with a 14 hour flying day, there is someone els more than willing to fly an 18 hour day with a big smile on.

I am still surprised that pilots actually still get paid anything. The way i see it, training should be free, and flying should just be for people doing a flight or 2 a week while working a paying job. Then again, that won't actually work. Just another crazy thought on Pprune.

I do indeed feel like i am talking out of my a, so i don't need anyone to tell me so.

Happy flying, be it a real aircraft, flight sim, or Pprune