PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Forces Demonstrate Cultural Insensitivity Again
Old 28th Dec 2013, 09:15
Lima Juliet

Received 80 Likes on 32 Posts
If it wasn't for religion we would still be tribal savages.
I would argue that if it wasn't for the Enlightenment, Science and the Scietific Method we would still be tribal savages delusionally believing in a non-existent deity. Religious belief and faith has been in decline for at least 70 years in this country; it's about time the rest of the world woke up. The only problem is, if society doesn't have a set of rules to follow (like a moral culture) then it can decline into an unruly mob - I've seen this happening in the UK over the past couple of years where the Great British unwashed seem to be proving that they are incapable of being civil to each other without some form of cultural regime hanging over them. So let's pick the best of all the religious guidance (like not stealing from each other, etc...), turn our back on the hocus-pocus nonsense (like insisting on eating only things that have had their throats cut inhumanely whilst having the name of god bellowed in their ear) and get on with life.

In my humble opinion of course!

LJ