PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA "The Election" (merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2003, 13:52
axiom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monkeyfly;

Don't let this mob get to you. Most will attack if you don't agree with their own agendas. But more important, respond in the spirit of the forum.

That is, it is anon. You can say your bit without fear of reprisal from our regulator (isn't that so woomera?)

Some of us have burnt our bridges with CASA and choose to remain anon.

As far as your future goes, CASA are proposing, (read that as it is now law), there are only private, airwork and RPT operations. Great for the passenger, they now get to have increased safety in their C172 charter (sorry airwork) ops that probably require a 2 pilot, IFR with cabin attendant and a CASA approved schedule of maintenance.

CAR schedule 5 is apparantly no bloody good any more.

GA in Australia cannot be without a powerful opposition and lobby group to some of the madness that comes out of Canberra.

This lobby group has to be AOPA.

There are moves afoot to destroy AOPA because someone doesn't like someone else. There is a possibility that AOPA is being used as an experiment by some politically minded demagogues.

Back to your post and your advices of prior, remember;

"A critic is a man who knows the way but can't drive the car"

The Murphie team thank you brian for your provisional support. I likewise haven't heard any negative responses to the project and this postee is still yet to hear a relevant piece of opposition.

I have heard;

1) It would beuracratise the AOPA.

2) it would reduce the power base.

3) I don't like it because you stick up for Hamilton.

None relevant.

Murphie's proposal is simply using what talent the organisation has and-by passing the personal clique syndrome we have now.

He has pledged 12 months of his life toward the project and I believe if it fails it will be because it was "whiteanted".

There is still the possibility that the powers to be will not let it see the light of day and, for this reason it needs as much support as possible. 100 proxies is being touted as the minimum.

This proposal is possibly the last opportunity we members have of reclaiming the organisation and if done properly would be a powerful tool to keep the show on track.

I ask friend and foe alike to give it consideration.