PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building USA - (Master thread)
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2013, 13:18
DeanKline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hour Building recommendations and advice

Hello !
I'm a newbie to this site, but i do have a question, which I could use a bit of advice on.

i am currently living in the UK and doing my PPL . I grew up in the US (Albuquerque, NM) and I plan to head back there to do my hour building to reach the CPL prerequisites (150 hours, i believe?) as it seems like the most cost effective way to build my hours taking onto consideration the cost of building hours in the UK, especially since accomodation would already be taken care of- my old man stil lives in ABQ!

i'm wondering if the 'hour building' stage which sets you up for the CPL is normaly done in a single engine, such as a Piper or a C152/172 etc, or if its worth using some of these c 100 hours to build up Multi time?
Obviously i would need to obtain a rating for the Multi, but would it help if i used this time (and money) towards building both, and then go into my CPL and ATPL theory with experience in both?

Also, would it be a good idea to start my ATPL Theory whilst building hours?

just trying to get to grips with the best way to progress! My aim, if you hadnt already guesed, is to fly for a living, and i am going the modular route as i dont have £80+K to part with at the prime age of 22, for the integrated route .. thanks for reading, and i appreciate anyones '2cents'.

forever the optimist.