PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 27th Dec 2013, 07:53
industry insider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AnFI

I don't know if you fly, or what you fly. But of you do fly and you like single engine over and above twins, because you feel that twins are too complex, then carry on as normal. I hope you are not ambitious, because your paycheck will always reflect the size and complexity of the aircraft you fly.

From my experience:

AS350B2 and AS355F2 in Australia - no difference in auto but did not do touchdown in 355F2.

I would need to research the interior of the 355 versus the 350 MGB. The 355 has a CBOX (a horrible thing) which would probably limit the twin SHP take off power. If the MGB has more stress, the certification calculations will have been done and it it will have a lower overhaul life.

Complicated fuel systems - if you can't work a fuel system, you shouldn't be in command of an aircraft. Most systems need little work but at most its moving a switch once in a while to balance fuel.

Confused pilots - can happen in any aircraft, would you want all jets to be single engine as well?

Thanks for the entertainment, but I am getting bored with the discussion now and I won't bother arguing with you anymore.