PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabair Instructors
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2001, 21:56
Fly_146

Red face

I understand that 8 (EIGHT!) flying instructors will be gone by August the latest, which will have a BIG impact on such a small operation.

They are now asking ex-students still without a job to come back and do some distruction on those 'delightful' katanas!

I think Thiefcote and Gread lost the plot years ago... they should hurry up and sell-out before they take Cabair down with them! They are certainly taking cost cutting to an extreme when it comes to their commerical college;

* Replacing 5A's with Kit-build Katanas (but charging the same course price)
* Scrapping most of the advanced single engine training in favour of more (cheaper) sim hours (but charging the same course price)
* Planning to do 'in-house' MCC course rather than at the ATP (but charging the same course price)
* Scrapping the Induction Adventure weekend at Bramley Lakes for new cadets (but charging the same course price)
* Charging their cadets a 'fuel surcharge' of up to £760, even though fuel prices have FALLEN by around 13% over the last few months (but will insist the charge must still be paid)

I also understand EPST are looking at sending their cadets to Jerez (probably because BA have started training there!). Although they still use Cabair for the time being.

How long will it be before KLMuk, BritEuro and Air2B wake up and smell the rot! Not long I suspect.

Its still a great place to fly! (cough)

[This message has been edited by Fly_146 (edited 30 March 2001).]