PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA ATP - post your questions here.
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2013, 18:42
MarkerInbound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The short answer is "no." In post #245 above I explained how you can get a 61.75 "based on" private certificate and the type will be carried over "VFR ONLY." If you pass the regular instrument written you will have "US TEST PASSED" on it and will not have VFR restriction. Then if you get a regular commercial or ATP and if you can show the instructor who trained you for the foreign type rating was a FAA authorized instructor the type will transfer over. Since you already hold a FAA ATP you can't go back and get a 61.75 certificate.

While that path to transfer a type is outlined in the FAA guidance, I've never heard of it happening. I really can't see someone who trained overseas being able to reconstruct their training records to show their training was conducted by an FAA instructor. Maybe if a pilot had come to a 142 school here but only got the type on a foreign license then later got the 61.75 and then a regular certificate, they could say all the instructors at the 142 were FAA authorized so give me my type.