PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Forces Demonstrate Cultural Insensitivity Again
Old 26th Dec 2013, 09:31
FODPlod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by onetrack
...That article about the USAF being found guilty of a conspiracy to recruit all the hot chicks, just reinforces what we always suspected!!
Too true; why aren't we told about such outrages by the mainstream media? However, I'm more concerned about the article describing the unexplained explosion of a US Air Force colonel at a weekly staff meeting (link). No one seems to have considered the possibility of 'rear echelon fragging' by resentful subordinates.

Alternatively, this tragedy could have been the result of an innocent prank going horribly wrong. I well remember rolling the contents of an N5 thunderflash into the foil paper liner of a cigarette packet and taping it underneath the table where our Chief of Staff (Mess Pres) sat at the Christmas lunch. I detonated it with an F77 'puffer' wired to a battery in my pocket just as he banged his gavel before delivering his annual 'state of the nation' speech whereupon he disappeared in a cloud of white smoke. The following year, he invited the guest of honour to sit in his chair.

Do you think I should inform the appropriate authorities of my suspicions?