PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2013, 07:08
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A turkey, for the trussing of.

There is much for the Truss committee (regulatory review panel, if you insist) to ponder this new year. Once again the indefatigable Sarcs brings home the bacon in post - #34 – here, on Pprune. In a quiet, unassuming way, manages to highlight several points with which the panel, to gain respect and credibility must deal. It's all to easy to quote ToR, hide behind guidelines, only interview the 'chosen' few and operate behind closed doors; hell's bells, my Grand Mamma could do that; (probably do a better job, if the Gin ain't adulterated).

CAUTION : You need to read the Sarcs post before proceeding. The discussion is simple – in 1990, the Canadians grasped the nettle and sorted out, with the full cooperation of their "CASA" two serious safety concerns; still endemic in Australia. Since then, in Canada, repeat incidents have reduced. "Twenty three years"; yes kids, that's 23 years later we are still trying to resolve 'our' own, unique, now beyond reason, safety ethos on these two matters; and making a complete bollocks of it.

Over the two issues Sarcs quotes, the Kanucks generated 27 + 48 = 75 safety recommendations, which they made stick, through education and regulatory modification. No fuss, no chest beating, no Wodgered reports: – just a safety conscious all around effort to eradicate a couple of problems. Guess what, they did it complete, not easy, but bless 'em all; the job got done, proper.

Big boots to fill Mr. Truss, big boots. If "our" unique, good (oh YUK) system is to improve. Can your hand picked wonder team of wet lettuce leaf wielders claw back from 23 years behind, to allegedly being No 1 in the world. Get on with it, quit poncing about, before Sunny 's great smoking hole appears in a back yard near you. Remember – Canely Vale came within a whisker of landing in (or on ) a school, in flames, followed by a fireball.

Aviation, a political non entity, really ? – I don't think so. And dare you Mr. Truss think real safety is not expensive - wait there for another while – listen - Tick tock.

Sarcs – I do intend to hunt you down and buy you a very well deserved beer or three; before the new year and offer you full membership of the BRB, (they're a rum crew, but I feel you'd be right at home).

Last edited by Kharon; 26th Dec 2013 at 07:18. Reason: To confirm Christmas pud and ale decelerate typing speed and etc.