PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C152's maneuvering speed
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2013, 00:51
creaze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rayfil, it doesen't make sense.

Faster acceleration of a lighter plane results in the same force being applied to structure. It's the force (acceleration times mass), that loads the structure, not merely accerelation. Am i right so far?

So this logic would only make sense in setting a fixed Va speed. Yet, they made it a range.

All above assumes that my yoke inputs, like you say, directly apply acceleration to a 1600 pound body. I don't think that's true, i see it as changing of spatial situation (in plain words, turning the airfoil for higher angle of attack), which in turn directs a bigger part of horizontal speed into increasing lift, which in turn produces that vertical acceleration, that loads our structure.

Otherwise how did the old 100-tonne planes work, where yokes were directly connected via cords to control surfaces, with no hydraulic enforcement?

Flare Pilot, so you're saying, it's all about staying clear of stalling speeds? The POH says, don't enter turns faster than this. Why would they limit me with 93 knots in a light airplane? What happens if i go 99 knots? (The Vno is 111 KIAS, the Vne is 149 KIAS)

Besides, even at 93 knots i'm some 50 knots away from stalling speed. The cruising speed at 2300 RPM would be less than 93. Looks like quite a safe margin to me.

As for overthinking, i'm totally with you. Got a lot sad stories to tell as well. But right now i'm not in the plane, i'm on the couch, school is closed for holiday. Think i can afford me some curiosity, ain i? And besides, i think precise understanding of the chemistry behind what's happening in the plane adds up to my confidence and flying ahead of the airplane. Ain it?