PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2013, 23:21
oldhand2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are there actually an Profits at all?

Jetstar has 4 offshore entities Vietnam, Singapore, Japan and the yet to fly Hong Kong
Has anybody ever wondered who is paying for these loss making entities all the time.
My guess is that Qantas International are bankrolling the whole thing (Jetstar) and at international's peril as there is a check valve in the system (money only flows out only)
Domestic is at war with Virgin and cannot win that fight and sacking all the Qantas Staff will not fix that.
Qantas forgot that staff earn money for the business as well as being paid to do their job.
Virgin know all the Qantas Inner Secrets so cannot win the war.
Qantas believe cutting staff and running B737 aircraft domestically is the way to cut costs
I believe Qantas Management and the board were told when they wanted to start Jetstar when BA were still on the Qantas Board that if you start a low cost carrier within your business one other part of your business will fail and ho and behold international is failing because it is being raped.
Also services run by international are retimed to make them unsustainable and subsequently given to Jetstar to operate who then retimes the flights back to peak times and suddenly it is now a viable route!!! The blind are not blind.
Who has paid for all the Jetstar costing including parking, pax handling fuel, landing fees, navigation fess etc my guess is Qantas and at that international. Was it ever paid back no!!!
Finally the Qantas Group needs to have a new face at the helm and get rid of the existing one as he thinks Qantas is a cheap low cost carrier, not to mention some parasites on the board who give no guidance only support for bad management.